Quick Tip: Accountants Corner
The "Customer Profitability Summary" report is a useful report that summarises your profit by customer.
Getting all 'Costs' to show in the report can sometimes be tricky. 'Sales' shows Sales Orders that have been fulfilled/invoiced to the customer while 'Costs' should show what specific costs have been allocated against the customer.
To allocate costs against each customer requires some setup. Firstly
you need to enable 'Bill Costs to Customers' under SETUP > ENABLE FEATURES. This will ensure that the 'Customer' field appears at a line item level of all Bill transactions. Then when you enter a Vendor Bill select the appropriate customer in the 'Customer' field on item level of the Bill. This will result in all costs attributable to customers being correctly included in a report and thus ensure that customer profitability is correctly reported.
NetSuite Version 2011.2 Release
NetSuite Version 2011 Release 2 is currently being rolled out to all customers worldwide. Some of the new features being introduced include:
- Standard Costing
- Fixed Assets
- Multi-currency Customer Management
- Customer Last Sales Activity Date
- Vendor Bill Approval Process
- Webstore Performance Enhancements
- Google Analytics Integration
- Auto Elimination of Inter-company Transactions
View the Version 2011.2 Sneak Peak here »
Did you know?
Optimising performance is important to getting the most out of NetSuite. Here are some settings individual users can check to
ensure performance is optimised:
- Your own user settings can impact performance. Optimise your systems performance by configuring your NetSuite User Preferences. Click here »
- Your browser settings can significantly affect page load times. Adjust your browser settings to improve page load performance. Click here »
- Searching through a large number of stored records can slow down search results. Review the following tips and considerations for managing search performance when setting up a saved search. Read more »
Customer spotlight: Warmup PLC
Learn how the UK's leading and best-selling manufacturer of electric underfloor heating products was struggling running multiple instances of NetSuite internationally. See how BlueBridge One helped Warmup overcome this challenge by helping them migrate to OneWorld Read case study »