1. In your browser header, go to Tools > Internet Options.
2. On the General tab, in the Temporary Internet Files or Browsing history section, click Settings.
- In the Check for newer versions of stored pages section, select Automatically.
- In the Temporary Internet files folder section, set Amount of disk space to use: to 50MB.
- Click OK.
3. Click the Security tab.
- Click the Trusted Sites icon, and then click the Sites button.
- Enter the address http://*.netsuite.com and click Add.
- Click OK.
4. Click the Privacy tab. The Settings section should not require any changes. We recommend setting the slider to Medium or Medium High. Setting privacy to High will require that you manually enter https:// system.netsuite.com, https://checkout.netsuite.com, and http://www.netsuite.com as allowed sites by clicking the Sites button.
5. In the Pop-up Blocker section, if the Block pop-ups box is checked, click Settings.
- Enter the address system.netsuite.com, and click Add.
- Click Close.
6. Click the Advanced tab.
7. Click Apply, and then click OK.
- Under the HTTP 1.1 section ensure that both the Use HTTP 1.1 and Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections boxes are checked. These settings guarantee that all content on a page is delivered as rapidly as possible.
- Under the Security section, clear the box for Do not save encrypted pages to disk. If you must ensure that none of your cached content is ever accessible, check the Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed box instead. This will cause NetSuite to perform more slowly upon login, but all subsequent pages will perform well.
1. In the browser heading, go to Tools > Options.
2. Click the Advanced icon.
To enable caching in FireFox for secure pages (href="https://system.netsuite.com">https://system.netsuite.com):
- Open a FireFox browser window.
- In the address bar, type the text below, and then click Go: about:config.
- Scroll down to the preference browser.cache.disk_cache_ssl.
- Right-click on the preference line and select Toggle, to set the Value to “true.” FireFox now caches secure pages, including all https://system.netsuite.com pages. By caching these pages, FireFox can load pages more quickly.
Clearing Browser Cache
Sometimes you may experience temporary performance issues due to the contents of your Browser cache (temporary internet files). If you have never cleared cache before, it may take 5 minutes or longer to clear your cache files the first time. Subsequent attempts to clear cache should take less than 1 minute if done on a regular basis. Because this process takes a very short amount of time, you may want to clear cache as needed whenever you notice slow performance or multiple Java script errors (Errors on Page) while working in NetSuite.