SuiteWorld 2012, NetSuite’s sell out annual customer conference took place between 14th and 17th May in San Francisco.
The NetSuite community of customers, users, partners, media and industry analysts took advantage of keynotes, special events and over 100 breakout sessions over the four days to learn, explore and provide input that helps to shape the future of NetSuite cloud-based ERP solutions. As an overview, there were key areas of focus.
Highlights here focus on accelerating benefits and productivity across various verticals including:
- Accelerating Services – with new project dashboard
- Accelerating Software – with new revenue recognition rules, including revenue as a service
- Accelerating Manufacturing – with ABC cycle counting, engineering change management, WIP inventory accounting and production routing
- Accelerating Wholesale Distribution – with multiple changes to improve supply chain visibility and business intelligence
- Accelerating Ecommerce – with multiple changes to improve the customer interface and user experience
- Accelerating the Enterprise – with improved MS Outlook and connection of customers to multiple operational locations
- Accelerating SuiteCloud – with multiple changes to improve functionality and efficiency of NetSuite in the cloud
Also worth mentioning is the analyst session that focused on harnessing the power of consumerisation of IT and disruptive technology. This provided some interesting observations of changes in the operating environment:
- Products are becoming an excuse to sell services and create recurring revenues streams
- Shift from customer engagement to customer experience through various channels
- The distinction between B2B and B2C is blurring
- Markets are moving from ‘real’ time to ‘right’ time
- Now more devices connected to the internet than people
If you missed SuiteWorld 2012, why not consider attending in 2013 in San Jose, California? If you can’t wait until then to find out more about NetSuite, why not click here and request BlueBridge One contact you about NetSuite?